From Open MAV project
Welcome to the Wiki of the Open MAV project!
Visual Odometry / Visual SLAM
Here are some links to open-source libraries/implementations
SLAM - Simultaneous Localization And Mapping
Here we provide links to the most popular or promising SLAM approaches and resources. To get more details please follow this link.
RGB only (monocular or stereo camera aproaches)
- RGBDSLAM - This ROS package can be used to register the point clouds from RGBD sensors, e.g., Microsoft Kinect
- OpenKinect project - open community of people interested in making use of the Xbox Kinect hardware.
Data sets with ground truth
- OpenSLAM - Main source of State-of-the-Art SLAM algorithms
For RGB-D sensors like Kinect
- Kinect OpenNI driver and skeleton tracker link
- Automatic Calibration of Extrinsic Parameters by François Pomerleau, Francis Colas and Stéphane Magnenat ETHZ ASL link
- Kinect data set with ground truth from a Vicon system link
- ParaView - an open-source, multi-platform data analysis and visualization application main page PCL Plugin Wiki.
ROS - Robot Operating System
ROS provides libraries and tools to help software developers create robot applications. It provides hardware abstraction, device drivers, libraries, visualizers, message-passing, package management, and more.
Rock - the Robot Construction Kit
"Rock is a software framework for the development of robotic systems. The underlying component model is based on the Orocos RTT (Real Time Toolkit). Rock provides all the tools required to set up and run high-performance and reliable robotic systems for wide variety of applications in research and industry. It contains a rich collection of ready to use drivers and modules for use in your own system, and can easily be extended by adding new components." check it out
Links to similar or related projects:
New interesting project RoboEarth with interfaces to ROS.
Auxiliary learning materials