From Open MAV project
Revision as of 09:32, 4 May 2012 by Viatcheslav
- Scale Invariant Feature Transform (SIFT) - SIFT Library
- Some progress has been done , , , . Implementations run on smart-phones , , , .
- Parallax effect is a problem if the image is taken from different perspectives.
- Although the parallax effect can be used and is used for 3D graphics rendering to create a realistic scenes depth understanding. The approach is known as Parallax mapping  and enhanced techniques exist capable of dealing with occlusions. Thus Parallax occlusion mapping (POM) is one of the recent works in this direction which uses Displacement mapping  to create 3D definition in textured surfaces.
- Commercial software assuming non-parallax case: PTgui.
- Ray tracing  - is a technique for generating an image by tracing the path of light through pixels in an image plane and simulating the effects of its encounters with virtual objects. Requires high computational costs but is capable of simulating a wide variety of optical effects, such as reflection and refraction, scattering, and dispersion phenomena (such as chromatic aberration). An alternative approach using GPU has been developed by the KinectFusion project and is called Raycasting (publication).